What’s this? Two posts in two days? Amazing! That’s more than I’ve done in the last year. I have to warn you though, I tend to start strong but completely lack the ability to follow through with a lot of things. Self awareness is good, right?
1. I am mostly writing this post to distract myself from coverage of today’s election. Did you vote? Good. Way to do your civic duty! On my way home from work today, I bought a pint of Peanut Butter World that I plan to stress eat while watching the returns. Don’t worry, this is as close to discussing politics as I ever plan to get. And now I’m done.
2. This summer, I indulged in some TRULY crap TV. Netflix streaming is my own personal black hole. It seems that I have no eye for quality writing or compelling storylines – if the entire series is available for watching, I’m in. Twin Peaks? I’m there (seriously though, huh?). The Nine Lives of Chloe King? Don’t mind if I do! (full disclosure – I found the trilogy compiled in a single book at Target and read it in a weekend) The first two seasons of Laguna Beach (without Lauren, why bother?) and ALL of The Hills? I will spend two weeks watching Lauren cry and Heidi devolve from a perfectly cute girl into some kind of defective Fembot. I also may have watched a few seasons of The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Lord help me, it is SO bad I can’t stop watching. I have also watched the first three seasons of The Vampire Diaries twice now. Those Salvatore brothers make for some compelling TV!
3. It would appear that I like using parenthesis. A LOT.
4. Sometimes, I get the overwhelming urge to pick up a favorite book and re-visit that world. I will abandon everything else I’m reading take a trip down my personal literary memory lane. Last night, I was hit with the urge to dive back into A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. This book broke my heart a thousand times and I adored every second of it. I spent half an hour digging through my overstuffed shelves trying to find it without success. I am truly bothered by this. Even though I’ve read the book multiple times, I will be going out to buy a new copy this weekend. I need my favorites nearby at all times.
5. I can’t think of a #5, so I am going to grab my ice cream out of the fridge and call it a night.
Have a lovely evening, friends. I hope you have delicious ice cream and a warm pup to spend your evening with!
**please pardon the crappy phone picture!